4-H Livestock - Large
Events and Training - Local
The Armada Youth Livestock Sale is held annually at the Armada Fair each August. Youth who intend to sell 4-H livestock at the sale must submit Livestock Sale Participation Forms by the January deadline to the Armada Fair Office, 74280 Fair Street, Armada, MI 48005. Direct questions to the Armada Fair Office, 586-784-5488, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beef Blasts
Throughout the year, hands-on activities are offered throughout the region for 4-H and FFA youth, leaders, and adults interested in beef and livestock projects. For more information about Beef Blasts, contact Heather Middleton at 989-672-3870 or Doug Meiburg at 810-688-2222.
Events and Training - Statewide
The 4-H Beef, Sheep & Swine Teen & Adult Volunteer Workshop is held in February at Kettunen Center in Tustin, Mich. If you're interested in 4-H beef cattle, sheep or swine projects, this workshop is for you. Participants will learn about animal health, management, care and nutrition. In addition, participants can sharpen livestock judging and evaluation skills. By sharing ideas and interacting with others, participants will find ways to improve their county 4-H livestock programs. The workshop also offers ways to enhance communication and teaching skills, and learn about the many opportunities available for those interested in beef, sheep or swine projects. The workshop is open to adult and teen volunteers ages 13 and up. Partial scholarships may be available from the Macomb County 4-H Council.
The 4-H Veterinary Science Teen & Adult Volunteer Workshop is held each February at Kettunen Center in Tustin, Mich. Explore animal systems and learn about animal health for a broad array of species by sharing information and experiences, asking questions and quizzing veterinarians about their skills. Participants can also participate in hands-on demonstrations that teach how to help members recognize healthy, sick or injured animals. Participants will meet 4-H'ers who have developed outstanding veterinary science projects and gain ideas to help others start their own veterinary science projects. The workshop is open to adult and teen volunteers ages 13 and up. Partial scholarships may be available from the Macomb County 4-H Council.
Project Record Books
- 4-H Goat Project Record Book: The project record book is recommended but not mandatory to be completed by all goat exhibitors interested in participating in the Armada Fair. Record books are due to the County 4-H office by the 3rd Monday in July.
- 4-H Livestock Record Book (Intermediate and Advanced): A tool for youth to use to help record the progress, care and cost of livestock projects.
- 4-H Livestock Record Book (Beginner)
- Forms for Record Books
- Macomb County 4-H and Youth Caprine Project Book - Dairy, Fiber & Meat Goats (ages 9-11)
- Macomb County 4-H and Youth Caprine Project Book - Dairy, Fiber & Meat Goats (ages 12-14)
- Macomb County 4-H and Youth Caprine Project Book - Dairy, Fiber & Meat Goats (ages 15-19)